If you are suffering from sleep apnea, one of the best solutions is the use of a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine. It has a hose and a nosepiece or mask that you will wear when sleeping. This will provide stable and constant air pressure, making it easier to breathe.
To keep your CPAP functioning optimally, clean it regularly. It can be prone to problems over time and can do more harm than good if you don’t pay attention to proper care and maintenance. You need to invest in a CPAP cleaner. If you have no idea about what to buy, keep on reading and we’ll talk about SoClean 2.
What is a CPAP Cleaner?
As the name implies, it is a product that cleans and sanitizes your CPAP equipment. Most cleaners will not rely on the use of water for cleaning. Instead, they will use activated oxygen and ultra-violet light. Using the right cleaner will help in keeping the water chamber, tube, and mask in their tip-top condition.
SoClean, the brand of the product we will review later, uses activated oxygen for cleaning CPAP equipment. This is a material that occurs in nature, and also the same technology that is utilized in many healthcare settings. Based on lab tests and as claimed by SoClean, their products can get rid of 99.9% of bacteria, making it better than active handwashing for cleaning CPAP equipment.
The best CPAP cleaner can deliver a wide array of benefits. Its regular use will help eliminate the accumulation of minerals in the water chamber, get rid of unpleasant odor, prevent molds, and keep the mask hygienic, among other things.
How Do You Choose a CPAP Cleaner?
Need help narrowing down your choices for a CPAP Cleaner? Here are some of the most important things to consider:
- Ease of Use: It can be frustrating if the CPAP cleaner is difficult to use. It should come with a comprehensive manual from the manufacturer. It is also good if the buttons are strategically positioned. Cleaning the equipment should also be effortless.
- Cleaning Time: More than being easy to use, it is also important to consider how long it will take before cleaning is done. It will be good if it is quick but while making sure that the CPAP machine is thoroughly cleaned.
- Display: There should be a small digital display to stay updated about the functions of the cleaner. It should also come with a bright backlight, making it easy to see the display whether it is day of night.
- Size: Consider the size of the CPAP equipment that you will be cleaning. The chamber must be able to accommodate the latter. Consider as well the space that you have at home. Especially if you travel a lot, portability is also a crucial consideration.
- Battery: CPAP cleaners can be plugged while many are battery-powered. In the case of the latter, consider how powerful the battery is. It should be fully charged quickly. In the same way, the battery should last long before there is a need to recharge.
- Style: While this is not as important as the other considerations mentioned above, many will emphasize aesthetics of the cleaner. It is something that you don’t need to hide in the cabinet if it looks good on a tabletop.
- Warranty: If you want to have peace of mind, choose one that comes with an extensive warranty from the manufacturer. This will demonstrate how confident they are about the quality of their product.
SoClean 2 Reviews
Now, let’s take a look at two of the products that should be on your radar. They are the same model, but they have different inclusions.
Cleaning a CPAP machine does not need to be a complicated task. When you have this machine, things will be a lot easier. Best of all, there is no need to use water!
There is a small digital display in front of the unit, which will make it easy to monitor its function. It is also lit, which means that you can see the display whether it is day or night.
The versatile inside chamber of the cleaner can handle a variety of mask types. Most masks will easily fit in this cleaner.
This is also a great choice if you want to have peace of mind. The manufacturer is offering a risk-free trial for 30 days. Within such period, if you are unhappy in any way with its use, let the manufacturer know and they will issue an unconditional refund.
- Effortless care and maintenance
- Comes with automatic settings
- Takes a lot of space
- Does not include an adapter
SoClean 2 Premium Package
This is the same as the product mentioned above, but the main difference is that it is a premium package. However, we are finding it hard to justify the use of the word premium. The only difference is that it has three adapters.
Setting it up can be quite tricky, but this is only when using the equipment for the first time. For the succeeding uses, it will be effortless to use. This will help you save a lot of time when cleaning a CPAP machine.
The easy filter cartridge system is also a plus. Aside from being user-friendly, they are also long-lasting. Although, the manufacturer recommends that you replace the filter and cartridge every six months.
The manufacturer is offering a two-year warranty for this CPAP cleaner. Like the product mentioned above, you also have 30 days to try this product without any risk.
- Effective filter system
- Easy to use
- Comes with adapters
- Can have a horrible smell
- Display screen can be problematic
With the SoClean 2 reviews above, it is clear that this brand is hard to match. If you need cleaner for CPAP equipment, you can never go wrong with SoClean. They will provide effortless and effective cleaning.